How to Keep Visitors Engaged on your Website
How do you keep visitors engaged on your website? This seems to be getting more challenging each year. Just look at how the technology landscape has changed in the last 8+ years. According to Chiefmartec, the technology landscape started out with approximately 150 players in 2011. That number has grown to over 7,000 in 2019 – that’s a staggering 4,593% growth!
With so many technologies to choose from, where do you start and how do you keep your visitors engaged? Finding the best mix, or ‘cocktail,’ of solutions is going to be unique for everyone. So many factors come into play. These factors will change as your business grows, as your target market matures and as your priorities change. Some factors to consider are:
- What commerce metrics are most vital for you to achieve?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What is your strategy to improve your target market and gain market share?
- How many competitors are in your space?
- What is your marketing budget?
Ultimately, you want engaged and loyal customers to your brand. Here are a few examples of ways to keep your visitors active on your website, coming back for more:
- Offer Recommendations
- Show Trends
- Highlight Promotions/Sales
- Display Social Proof
- Create enticing Calls-To-Action
Let’s explore these in a little more detail.